So the girls asked if they could do some baking this evening..
My head’s answer was …. “noooooo I have just cleaned the kitchen and washed the bloody floor”..
My Heart’s was ” Why not it will be fun!”
My heart answered first obviously and so ~Sunday night baking it is!!
Ingredients: 175g white or milk chocolate (melted)
Madeira or basic sponge cake (blitzed in blender)
1. Line a baking sheet with grease proof paper.
2. Crumble the cake into the melted chocolate and using your hands roll into balls.
Insert lolly stick into each ball and leave to cool in the fridge for half an hour.
3. Melt more chocolate and once the cake pops have cooled and firmed, dip them in to the melted chocolate.
4. Leave them somewhere to cool but not in the fridge for about 30 mins.
5. Before the chocolate has fully set roll the top of the ball in sprinkles.
Ta da……!!!! – They didn’t firm up and every time we tried to pick them up they crumbled….didn’t even make it to the covering stage!!!
We tried…we failed…the kitchen looks like a chocolate bomb has gone off in it…and the sounds of ” Mum your a rubbish Baker” ring through the house!!
However just as my Heart suggested We had fun and they taste good………… sort of!!